Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

Recovering and Exploring

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 am

"Ok," Coven agreed with a nod, glad to see Molly moving so well - even if a bit stiffly - on her own. What wonders a few days of rest and plenty of good meals had done for her. "I think you'd better at least point me in the right direction..." said the black wolf slowly, looking off toward where he figured the hot springs would be, but still waiting for Molly's confirmation. He had been confined to the dens with Molly since his first night in Silverlight, and that hadn't awarded him much time for exploration past the dens, so he'd never actually been to the hot springs. If they weren't far, he'd be able to detect them soon enough, but only if he was at least sort of heading toward them.

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 1:16 am

Casanova flashed her a cocky grin when she spoke of how he'd survive the winter. "I've handled plenty of winters on my own. This one will be no different. Plus, there are some pretty good shelters around your pack's borders." He said, mostly just trying to ease her worry. He didn't want her to be worried about him, he'd be fine. Well, as long as Inferno didn't catch him. Soon the pack females would be going into heat, and he knew the beta would be twice as protective and alert as he was now. He smiled at Laek, though, completely relaxed inside of the pack territory. Even if they caught a glimpse of him running away, they'd probably assume he was a fox, not a wolf.

Molly smiled and nipped at Coven's ear as he asked her to lead the way. She knew that it was her fault he hadn't been able to explore the pack territory, and she did her best to keep it from upsetting her. There was no point in getting upset over the past few days. They were over, and that was it. She wagged her tail slightly as she turned toward the springs, walking slowly in their direction and assuming that Coven would follow.
Back to top Go down
https://incendio.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 10:06 am

Coven padded beside Molly, glancing over her occasionally to see how she was doing. Every once in a while, he'd give her a good, scrutinizing stare to make sure she wasn't hiding any limp or faintness from him, but the rest of the time Coven had his eyes on the trees, the sky, and the snow that began melting gradually as the two got nearer to the hot springs. This was a nifty set-up here, and Coven couldn't help thinking that if the pack hadn't been able to warm up Tessa and Inferno, they could have just tossed the two into the springs. Clever thoughts like that were why he'd never permanently join the ranks of 'healer', mercifully.

The wolf tilted his ears forward as the springs came into view. Molly was right; they weren't far off at all. These weren't like other hot springs Coven had encountered, which were just warm, muddy pits in the ground - these were clear and inviting. He wagged his tail and smiled down at the white wolfess beside him. "Nice call, Molly."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 pm

Laek smiled as Casanova tried to prove that he could make it. But she wasn't doubtful, not at all. Her tail dragged across the cold snow, as she pondered what to speak of now. Briefly, she wondered what the others were up to. She assumed Tessa was sleeping, but what of Molly and Coven? Laek knew she was to look out for Molly, but Coven seemed to like that job. She reminded herself to check on Tessa later. She looked away from Casanova for a moment, listening to how quiet it was. Then looked back at him, "Well, now that that's settled. What now, my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 1:57 am

Cas smiled as she seemed satisfied by his response. He didn't want her to worry about him. When she spoke again, he sighed softly, getting to his feet. "Unfortunately, my dear, I must be going. I need to sneak back across the borders before your beta returns. I'd rather not be here when he gets back." He said, chuckling softly. He stretched slightly, looking down at her with a charming smile. "I hope to see you again soon, Laek." He said softly, wagging his tail before glancing towards the borders.

Molly's ears pinned back every time Coven 'checked' on her, but she couldn't really blame him, and well, a small part of her was grateful. But she didn't show it. Instead, she frowned and moved faster, finally reaching the springs and coming to a stop at the edge of the one nearest to the dens. She smiled over at him before stepping in, sighing softly in pleasure as the heat soaked into her skin and she felt her muscles relax almost imediately. When she was fully in the shallow pool, she laid down, her head poking above the water and resting on the bank of the spring as she looked up at Coven, waiting for him to join her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:37 pm

Coven smiled and twitched his ears out to the side in relief as Molly obviously began to enjoy herself. There was a very secure feel to this area, thanks to the formidable mountains backing it, so the black wolf's sweeping gaze across the area did nothing but appease the habit of watching. Nothing was there, though.

"Feeling better, Molly?" asked the wolf as he settled on the bank, a paw dabbling in the water and his tail swishing relaxedly on the ground behind him. The warm vapour felt nice on his face, and he couldn't help but close his eyes and inhale the summer-storm air deeply. Not that winter bothered him, but warmth was special in its soothing qualities.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Molly smiled at him as he relaxed and laid down by the pool. She nodded slightly, sighing softly and closing her eyes as her head rested next to him on the bank. Soon she was dozing slightly, the hot water relaxing her muscles and soothing her sore body. It was so peaceful here, and she wondered why she didn't come here more often. It was definitely a good place to bring sick or injured wolves in the future. She made a mental note to remember that. Maybe Tessa and Inferno would benefit from a visit here.

(sorry its short, on my cell)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:47 pm

Coven took Molly's silence and peacefully drifting consciousness as a "yes" while laying his head on his paws and letting himself relax as well, knowing that Chaos had been taken care of and that Laek was looking out for Tessa. Inferno was fine, of course, and Blitz, Fallon, and Khalessi fortunately had no recent maladies to worry about. That meant all Coven had to focus on right now was Molly.

As Molly dozed, the black wolf batted gently at the water with his paw and looked over it, impressed. One day when it didn't feel like he was on the job, he'd come back and really take advantage of this place.

((Sorry mine is too...I promise I'll make something interesting happen soon. I'm out of ideas at the moment.))
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:39 am

The peace was wonderful, but soon Molly began to feel soaked through, and she lifted her head, blinking slowly to adjust to the light and then looking over at Coven with a smile. She yawned softly, the high pitched soft sound echoing through the steamy area gently, and then she rose to her feet, stepping slowly from the water and shaking her fur, getting the black male all wet. She couldn't help but giggle, but then she saw her reflection, with her fur all puffy and floppy, and her giggle broke out into full out laughter. She definitely looked rediculous.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 3:33 pm

Laek smiled at Casanova as he said his farewell, " Yes, later. I do hope to see you later as well!" She got up as well, pawing the ground for a moment before speaking again. "Do be careful out there, Casanova." She said softly before nudging him playfully in the shoulder. She turned and headed back towards the dens, aware that she should check on Tessa. Just before getting out of sight, she turned to see him standing there. She smiled again, wagging her tail lightly, before heading back to the dens.

Laek peered into each of the main dens; healer's, food storage, and lastly the alpha's. She found Tessa sleep peacefully, the old fur blanket from earlier lying in the corner. Laek decided to pick it up, and placed it over Tessa. She then went to her original post on the outside of the den, and positioned herself so that she was half inside and half in the white snow. She laid down and placed her muzzle in her paws, waiting patiently for the others.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:48 pm

((Coven/Molly thread continued here: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t73-springs-in-a-snowstorm ))

---

((Kirae/Fallon continued from: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t63p30-searchingfor-what#938 ))

Fallon followed KiRae outside, wagging her tail delightedly at the snow coming down. The flakes were small and sparse, but the wind made them swirl and zigzag quickly through the air, making it look worse than it really was. The wind was going to become another matter.

Spotting Laek now stationed outside the alpha's den, Fallon grinned and began walking toward her, flicking her ears back in the wind. "I really think speed is the most sought after attribute for being a hunter here. We're definitely the fastest," the red-colored female responded as the wolves moved. Shaking some accumulated snow off her black back, she continued, "Our warriors are bigger, stronger for the most part," she lowered her voice and chuckled, "as well as antisocial workaholics, if you ask me." Grinning, Fallon perked her ears and winked. "Don't tell them I said that, though."

They'd now reached Laek, who Fallon perkily introduced as a fellow hunter. "Laek, this is KiRae, one of our new packmembers."

Last edited by Jenn on Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:15 pm

Laek was very close to falling asleep herself, when she saw Fallon coming towards her out of the corner of her eye. She pulled herself up into a sitting position and shook herself awake. She smiled when her friend greeted her, as well as the new wolf beside her. "Hello, KiRae." She gave him a small nod. He was a scrawny grey wolf, and she wondered how he had gotten here. But she figured he, as well as everyone else, would eventually share their stories. She turned back to Fallon, "Where are the others, Fallon?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

"Inferno and Blitz are on patrol, Chaos may or may not have headed out on patrol, and I have no clue where Coven and Molly are, but they probably aren't far," replied Fallon as she walked around Laek and poked her head inside the den to see how Tessa was doing. Seeing the new female was still asleep, the wolfess came back to stand by KiRae, again shaking off some snow. "I feel weird thinking about going in there without Blitz," mused Fallon, glancing over at the alpha's den. She went on to explain quickly to KiRae about how Tessa had come to this place, and how it was similar to how Laek had come - they'd both been hurt and welcomed in to mend. "Fortunately, Laek liked us enough to stay," finished Fallon with a sweet smile at the wolfess who could have been her sister, they looked so much alike.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm

Laek nodded as Fallon listed off everyone's location. She turned her head to follow Fallon as the other wolf checked on Tessa, who was still sleeping peacefully. As Fallon returned to her original position, Laek finally heard how Tessa had come to them. She guessed that was how everyone was getting there lately; injuries. She then decided to paw the ground, and discovered that it didn't hurt as much. Hearing the last part of Fallon's words, she smiled at the other wolves. She had already forgotten that she'd been here for such a short time, she felt like such a part of everything. She'd even been left in charge of an injured!
"I did, didn't I? I do hope you'll like it here too, KiRae." She said as she turned to the oddly named wolf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:58 am

KiRae smiled, nodding and saying hello back, but was quiet during the two's conversation. He looked down at the sleeping wolf then back to the conversation again as he heard his name. He smiled softly, nodding Y-Yeah, Thank you. He said, smilng softly as he looked back at Laek, turning more to face her. He smiled and watched her. This place was nice, he was going to be quite happy here, Hopefully it lasted.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 8:10 pm

The wolfess smiled at both Laek and KiRae, glad that the pack was growing so much. All these new friends! Hopefully Tessa would choose to stay as well. "So, Laek," Fallon asked, "are you busy right now, or would you be up for a hunt? Just a quick one...maybe not even one, if we can't find anything, but it'd be nice to all get out together, and KiRae needs to explore the area a bit anyway." They wouldn't have to go far, and while Tessa was sleeping, couldn't Laek come along?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 10:53 am

Laek debated her options: stay with sleeping Tessa, or go on a mini-hunt with Fallon and KiRae. After a moment, she shook her head, "I think I'll stay here with Tessa for a little bit more. I may explore later when everyone has returned." Truthfully, the small red wolf just wanted to rest for a while, and if Tessa decided to wake up, she would not be alone. And with all the new wolves coming in, Laek would definitely have a chance to explore, if now or later. She didn't mind really. She knew that she would learn the lands eventually. She gestured with her muzzle to the forests, "Go have fun you two. I'll be fine here." She added, finalizing her choice to stay. Waiting for them to speak or leave, she looked at the two in front of her; KiRae, in his silvery coat and seemingly shy personality. And Fallon, the energetic wolf who could pull of being Laek's own sister, they looked that much alike. She briefly wondered how many of the newer wolves would think so, as he tail flicked behind her.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 8:39 pm

Fallon glanced hesitantly between Laek, KiRae, and the forest as she tried to decide whether or not to go without Laek. Her point had been that she wanted to be together, all three of them. Just two was such a small number...

"KiRae," she asked, looking over at the male beside her, "what would you like to do?" It had been a long day for him already, and she hadn't really asked him what was on his mind. Now seemed as good a time as any.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 3:35 pm

The wolf paused and looked back at Laek Before turning himself to Fallon. KiRae took a small breath before looking at the forest. Well, I kinda wanna see what...hunting is like around here. He said, flattening his ears slightly as a smile began forming in the corners of his muzzle. He paused and looked over at her. I could....like to try it. He said, his silver tail moving back and forth against the ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 2:19 am

Fallon relaxed quickly, smiling once again with all worry and hesitation wiped from her face. Glad that KiRae had made the decision for her, and deciding not to feel guilty about leaving Laek behind again, the female wagged her tail and skipped a few steps toward the trees. "We'll see you soon, Laek!" she said over her shoulder, "Get rested up, 'kay?"
She then checked to see if the silver wolf was following, encouraging him with a, "Let's go see if anything's braved the snow!"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 3:40 pm

The wolf smiled and looked back at Laek before hearing the female's voice calling to him. KiRae smiled and dashed up to her, his tail waving slightly in anticipation. The silver wolf nodded as Fallon continued to lead him into the forest. He gave one last look back at the camp where Laek was staying, then returned his attention ahead of him, bounding towards Fallon. What kind of things are we looking at hunting here? The male said softly and moved closer to her, still getting used to area.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 7:40 pm

As she started winding through the trees, looking around for signs of recent paths from potential prey, Fallon answered, "I think today we'll just go for some hares or something. I kind of like the challenge - I'm sure I've walked by dozens in the bushes and didn't even see them! In the winter, it's always fun to get one. Plus," she added, stopping to scrape at a hole in the ground, wondering if it was some sort of squirrel den, "I don't think the two of us should try for a deer today. We have enough injured wolves as it is, and I'd feel bad if we left Laek out of something like that." She looked up at KiRae and grinned before bounding off again, blissfully unaware that she was maturing, albeit slowly, into a more thoughtful wolf, finally.

She slowed so she and KiRae were walking next to each other, and the actual hunt began. Sniffing the air really did no good at the moment since there was no breeze to waft the scent, but there were two sets of eyes looking now. Every once in a while, Fallon would glance over at KiRae to see if he'd spotted anything, but she didn't dare ask now that they were moving in a more focused and silent mode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 02, 2012 12:55 pm

KiRae nodded slightly as he looked around trying to pick up on any prey. He'd been a pretty good hunter, Least when he was on his own. But anytime he had been in a pack, he seemed to mess things up and get in others way. His ears were perked and listening to everything he could through the silent air. He kept his tail still as he walked forward, occasionally glimpsing back at Fallon as she looked at him. Soon after, he managed to catch scent of something and slowly began to walk off the trail that the female was leading him on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Fallon looked back at the subtle sound of KiRae heading off the trail into the brush. Smiling, the female kept going her way, leaving him to his own hunt for a while. Sometimes, it was beneficial to just go off and learn the way around by yourself. She would call out to him if there was a worry that he'd gotten lost.

She walked on and managed to snag a hare, barking triumphantly after she had chased it down. Hares in winter were hard for her - not to catch, it wasn't her speed that was the problem - it was that hares were tricky and sat so still in the bushes that the sight-oriented wolf would walk right by. Though she was learning their ways much better, it was an accomplishment every time to catch one. After the hare, Fallon pursued two more rodent-like creatures that ended up evading her, leaving her to sulk back to look for KiRae, kicking the snow with a back paw on her way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:42 pm

The silver wolf perked his ears as he heard the female bark a few meters away. He growled softly to himself. He'd been used to hunting on his own for a while, But down in these lands he had no idea. He lowered his head to ground, sniffing softly, trying to pick up scents, ones that were masked by the cold air and snow. He heard bushes rustle as animals scurried away from Fallon. As she came up towards him, he stood up a little taller, tucking his tail between his legs. "S-So what'd you...catch?" He said, trying to keep his voice even, hoping to not show the slight hint of disappointment of his lack of prey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recovering and Exploring   Recovering and Exploring - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Recovering and Exploring
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Incendio :: Out of Character :: Announcements & Information :: Archives-
Jump to: