Incendio

Incendio is a literate-advanced semi-realistic wolf role-play site, where mystery surrounds the wolves and even greater mystery surround the lands. Come and enter the mystery, join the family, and add your own chapter to our story!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Wolf of the Month

The Packs

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Healer

Available Positions:
Beta Female
Warriors
Hunters
Forum Stats
It is summer here in Incendio. The sun is bright, the days hot, and dew gathers on the grass in the morning all over.
Mating Yes No
Birthing Yes No
The prey is plentiful this summer!
Word Counter

This free script provided by JavaScript Kit

To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage

To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Empty
PostSubject: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 9:26 pm

((Khalessi continued from: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t142-the-beginning-of-the-end#2461 ))

The white female returned to the serenity of the meadow; slowly maneuvering her way to the very center. When she arrived at a satisfactory spot she sighed softly and sat down looking around for nothing in particular. Khalessi wasn't sure if it was ironic or just bad luck that the exact time she returned to Silverlight was at the same moment Blitzen decided to drop dead and pass on into the next life. He had been the one individual she had needed to come to terms with, the one wolf who was the key to finding peace. She needed him, and once again he wasn't going to come through. Now the regret of having blamed him in the first place was starting to take effect. It appeared she just couldn't win no matter how she felt. "It doesn't matter. I don't need him in order for myself to continue moving forward."

Khalessi glared at the open field for a moment, wrapping her tail around her feet as she sat there quietly. She had to contemplate what she would do now, and how to go about it carefully so as not to disturb the strangers surrounding her. "So what now? With Blitzen's death does Silverlight return to its original state of barrenness?" she asked out loud, not sure if any supernatural beings would be able to hear her or not. Even if they had, it's not like they would be entitled to respond. Come to think of it perhaps Blitzen would linger around for awhile. There was no reason he couldn't be a spirit listening to her now. The hunters ears twitched ever so slightly as she listened to the soft thumping sound of scurrying critters. The wind was gentle, almost nonexistent except for the slight bend of the grass submitting to it. So far she could hear or see no answer to her question. Her voice softened to a light and airy tone that melted into the wind and was carried along with it as she spoke again. "I've been watching for a very long time now. You left the pack in a state of weakness, Blitzen. It's been broken for months now and was not ready to face your leave just yet..." she paused for a brief moment before continuing "they say not all change is bad though. I just hope you and the spirits can continue to guide us. Not only for Silverlight, but for our sake as well."

Trailing away from her thoughts the female tilted her head and smiled slightly as she stared at the wildflowers covering the meadow in random patches. The grass was always so tall here, even when it hadn't yet been restored. "Your beta Pravin is on the move to take you to the Graveyard. I have to disagree with him. You would have liked it here. I think you loved it more than any other place on the territory. Tell the other spirits I said you earned your keep." Khalessi slowly lowered herself to the ground, just watching and staring to the other side of the meadow. Slowly she began to close her eyes and just listened to the sounds of her home. It had been so long, but it was strange the way it had felt so familiar now. As if she had never left. Even stranger that if you had asked her about it 15minutes before, she would have said she was discovering Silverlight for the first time. Slowly but surely Khalessi relaxed and strayed away from the attempt to look out for a sighting from the spirits.

Last edited by Stixs on Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 3:44 am

Even as the white wolf relaxed, the wind changed, angling from it's normal direction to blow gently over her face, a colder and almost chilling wind that seemed to gather in a single spot in the grasses behind her. It continued to blow for only a few moments, and then it seemed to stop altogether, leaving a chilling fog to settle over the meadow as well as an erie silence. But, almost as quickly as the chilling wind came, a small form rose up in the tall grasses where the wind had settled. The form grew, however, and was soon towering over the white female wolf as the fog parted to reveal the spirit behind her.

Unlike the spirit that had first greeted Blitzen, this spirit did not hold the innocent and vulnerable form of a pup. No, this spirit was much larger, as well as more powerful. The creature that loomed behind the white wolf was no pup, but a large, adult female wolf. This wolf was larger than any average-sized female alive, and her form seemed to hover slightly above the ground as she moved towards Khalessi, her eyes a glowing blue and her fur a bright white with a pale blue stripe along each side of her body. It was clear that this wolf did not normally tread among the living, and she now came to a stop in front of Khalessi, sitting and looking down at her with a soft sigh.

/"Your alpha has indeed earned his place among us, and he now watches over you all with greater determination and love than any of the spirits that reside in these lands."/ She said softly, her voice echoing through the meadow around them. /"He lingers here still, you know. And he wishes to speak to you, if you will see him."/ She said, getting to her feet once more and glancing behind her to where the large white form of the former alpha now stood, his eyes on Khalessi as the large female spirit remained between him and his former packmate. But he did not speak, nor could he without the female spirit's departure, which would only occur once Khalessi made a decision to see him or not.
Back to top Go down
https://incendio.rpg-board.net

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 am

The shift of the meadows tranquility was instantly recognized by perked ears, that swiveled and twitched to anything that might have made noise. Though there was absence of it, the white female remained calm and slowly opened her eyes to peer at the ghostly image before her. Khalessi wasn't exactly too certain if she had drifted off into slumber while relaxing, but either way she was grateful for the answer to her call; or rambling rather. She remained lying down, too afraid that rising would scatter the spirit and send it off. It would be the one and only time where she remained in a submissive position among another wolf. When the great female spoke Khalessi took in a deep breath, feeling to raw power of her supernatural abilities. She had to think back for a moment, wondering if this was the spirit Blitzen had encountered, but she could have sworn she remembered something about a pup.

Khalessi smiled at the spirits words, coming to terms with what an elder in her birth pack had once said. No matter how powerful they might feel, or how scared one would be, the living always had rule over the dead. As a pup she had hardly believe in spirits back then but was considerate enough to listen to her elders when they had something to say. It appeared the crazy one had been right. She doubted they would have appeared if she hadn't wanted them too, and it seemed they would certainly leave if she voiced it. "That's not even a question. Of course I will speak to him." She turned her head to look at Blitzens spirit, her amber eyes melting with sadness. Because at this moment she wanted to get up, she wanted to run to him and indulge in his scent once more. When she had been a part of the pack she had worn it proudly. It had been her token of achievement, a sign to others that she had a place where she belonged; that she could call home. Even that feeling felt like a distant dream. Khalessi offered a weak smile unable to voice herself just yet at the sight of him. She was certain it had not yet been his time to go.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

Award : [table cellspacing=0 style="width:150px; font-size: .6em; border-spacing: 5px; border-collapse:collapse;"][tr][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Joinf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"]To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Warriormf[/td][td style="text-align:center; width:30px;"][/td][/tr][tr][td style="text-align:center;"]Joining[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Joined Kachle[/td][td style="text-align:center;"]Warrior[/td][td style="text-align:center;"][/td][/tr][/table]

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:18 am

At the white female's acceptance of the offer to speak to the former alpha, the large white female's form disappeared, leaving the two alone in the meadow. She would not return until it was time for her to, but she would defintely be watching the encounter closely. There were rules when spirits interacted with the living, rules that even Blitzen and Khalessi were bound to.

Blitz remained silent until the female spirit disappeared, and then stepped forward, stopping about a foot away from Khalessi and smiling at her. "I was glad to find that you had not passed on, Khalessi. Although a part of me wishes we could be packmates once more." He said, his voice ghostly like the other spirit's had been, but deeper and less powerful. "It is good to see you again." He added, wishing he could move closer and touch her, but knowing that he would simply move through her solid form. He was no longer living, and as such, he could not touch her like he used to be able to. It saddened him, but he didn't mention it.

He had longed for her to return when he had been alive, had hoped she hadn't passed on to the spirit world, and when he himself had passed, he had been glad to know that she was still among the living. He had been watching the interactions of the pack around his body, and it had saddened him how some had bickered and how some had simply shut down. But right now was not the time to address that, right now he was seeing his old friend again, maybe for the last time - he couldn't be certain. He wasn't going to waste the short time they had together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 4:52 am

Khalessi barely noticed the females disappearance if it hadn't been for the sudden loss of power in the air. Her eyes were focused on Blitzen and as he approached she had risen to her feet and had to remind herself that Blitzen was not of physical form. When he spoke she chuckled softly in amusement at the formality, as if everything was fine and completely normal. "Where have you been all my life?" she teased her former alpha with a weak voice that was fighting back the pain and tears welling up inside of her. Khalessi knew it would not be easy to see Blitzen once again, but to see him like this was a completely heartbreaking experience that she would never be able to describe with words. She had been too focused on a different kind of reunion, probably one that involved screaming and wretched behavior, so in some ways this was better. Though now that she was in front of him, she regretted every moment she stayed away.

"Although separated....we will always be pack mates Blitzen... and you shall always be my alpha." She sat down thinking herself incapable of supporting her own weight at the moment. There was a long pause as she stared at him taking in his image with slight disbelief. She didn't want to believe he was really gone and didn't know if she could ever accept that. "I'm sorry, for ever having strayed from that" she admitted, not knowing if he would have the knowledge of what happened to her in her long absence. However, her apology was just mere words that meant nothing without proper backing, so without wasting time the white wolfess brought up what she had previously mentioned. "Usually, you hear of the supernatural doing marvelous things for the living for whatever reason or another. However, I'm going to switch it up this time. I'm assuming you were listening to my observations about the pack, I wish to grant you this opportunity to make the requests you need of me. I would be more than willing to fulfill your wishes as an opportunity to express my apologies and gratitude to you." she sighed softly wanting to break her gaze but too afraid to do it. Khalessi needed to express her loyalty to him, and this was the only way she could think of doing it, hopefully he would oblige for her sanity's sake.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:09 am

Blitz laughed softly as she spoke, although it was obvious to him that she was struggling to hold herself together. But as she continued to speak, as well as apologize, he shook his head. She had nothing to be sorry for, but he knew that if he said something, she'd just get stubborn and insist she was sorry, so he didn't bother. She then surprised him with her next statement, his head tilting slightly and a slight smile crossing his face before it disappeared and was replaced by a slight frown. "I'm glad you mentioned something, Khal. Unfortunately, with my passing, it is not possible for the wolves in Silverlight to live as one pack any longer." He said, sighing softly as if he were watching his entire life's work fall to crumble at his feet. "There are too many wolves, as well as too many different opinions in the pack and amongst the lone wolves in the area. You must have seen this already on your own." He continued, looking past her and toward the pack dens before returning his eyes to her face.

He knew that he wouldn't be able to speak to each and every wolf inside of Silverlight individually, so he had been forced to choose a select few that he would trust to lead the wolves in his absence. "The pack will split apart, and the wolves will scatter. The lone wolves will mix with the pack members, and if there is no order, the lands will fall apart once more. Silverlight needs order amongst the chaos, Khal. I need you to be one of the few who will help keep order. I need you to take on a pack, one of four that will share the large lands of Silverlight." He said, asking her to lead a pack of lone wolves and former pack members together. "The Spirit Council has allowed my to choose four wolves to lead four packs here in Silverlight, as it is clear that one pack is not possible any longer. We wish you to lead in the forest, the Krajina pack. Will you do this? For me?" He asked, wishing he could reach out to her and touch her just one last time. But it wasn't possible, so he remained where he was, hoping she would accept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:41 am

It was easy to believe him when he mentioned that it wasn't possible for the wolves to coexist anymore. After what she had heard and seen, not to mention the large size of the pack, his words made perfect sense. Though she had to admit his request did not. Khalessi had been gone for so long. She no longer knew anyone who resided here, so how could she lead as a stranger and intruder to them all? Not that it was impossible or even an option to reject. Whatever Blitzen requested, she would successfully fulfill, regardless of how crazy it might have seemed to her.It was just something she would have to do. "It would be easier than finding another pack with an alpha that could measure up to your greatness." In a strange way leading a pack of her own was more suitable. Eternally loyal, she would have loved to keep Blitzen as her one and only leader, but in this way it bested having to be a loner as well. Besides, she would need a pack to take the large game she was so well known for hunting. Doing it alone would have been suicide. A fine way to die perhaps.

Khalessi snapped her attention back to him and nodded in acceptance. "I will take on the responsibility and lead this Krajina pack in the Eastern Forest as you have asked. Is there anything else you would like me to do for you?" Perhaps she could send the other three chosen ones that he had spoke of to visit him here in the Meadow as she had done. This made the white female wonder if she should, or even could, talk about the experience she was having. Would others believe that she had spoken to the once living alpha after he had died. She didn't know if they knew about the wonders of Silverlight like the original members had, so it was hard to say if the spirits were a well known tale among the pack members. Either way it didn't matter, Khalessi would have to get them to understand. Though this added another challenge to what she had already been thinking. How would she go about claiming the forest for Krajina?

As she stared at him in thought and awaited for his response it suddenly hit her how surreal this event was. Amazing still, after all this time how could Blitzen trust her to lead his family? Had he invested a gamble into her because of the Khalessi he had known, or was he truly showing that their relationship had never faltered even through her two years of absence; perhaps a little of both. Khalessi smiled speaking out before he could answer her last question. "There was something I never told you before, that I should have a long time ago. I don't know why its so important now, or if it even is... but I thought you should know that I loved you. I always have."
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 5:55 am

Blitz wasn't sure if he was proud of flattered by her intense loyalty to him, but he was grateful to have it. When she spoke and accepted his request, he smiled, wagging his tail and visibly relaxing. He knew he could count on her, regardless of how long she had stayed away. He trusted her judgement and he knew she had her reasons, which he allowed her to keep to herself. That didn't matter now, and he knew she'd make a wonderful alpha. When she spoke before letting him answer her question, he smiled, tilting his head slightly at her words.

"I have, and will always love you, Khal. You were always one of my closest friends, and you always will be." He said, once again, longing to reach out to her. "We all mourned your disappearance, you know. It took almost a year for me to promote Fallon in your place. You have no idea how hard that was for me to do, Khal. We all missed you, Fallon took it hard, as well." He said, hoping to make her realize that he had missed her as much as she seemed to have missed him. "I know you'll make a great leader." He said, smiling at her and tilting his head slightly. "As for your question about the other leaders, I would greatly appreciate it if you were to direct at least Pravin this way." He said, knowing that it would be near impossible for her to send Coven over or for her to even know who Sib was to send over. Those two he'd handle on his own. Even as he thought about speaking to the other wolves, he frowned, looking over at the dens sadly. The council only allowed him to speak with pack leaders, as the spirits before had been required to do. But he longed to see Rayne once more, to speak with her one last time. But after the pack split, she would no longer be alpha female. "Khal, can you do me one last favor?" He asked, hoping that it wasn't too late.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:18 am

Khalessi frowned slightly as he explained how he had felt when she had disappeared. "Inferno mentioned that to me awhile ago. I guess I was just too caught up in my feelings to have believed him. One of my many regrets..." the female looked over to the direction of the dens wrapping her tail around her form for comfort. "Though I intend to make up for what I can, and will keep him close whether he likes it or not" she said stubbornly before returning her attention to him. Upon the introduction of Fallon's name she made a note to find the female as soon as possible. She wasn't sure how that would quite go, but if Fallon chose to forgive her, she would try to make up for lost time with the head hunter as well.

Khalessi brought up the image of her return in her head, stepping out of herself and viewing the still scene from a separate perspective. There is where she spotted Fallon, settled underneath a small and chubby female. It was an ability she required after some long days revisiting her training and building upon it even more. With mastery of her hunting she had been focused on the tracking aspect. Her observation of detail was becoming more and more impressive over the past year. This is what gave her the advantage now as she caught Blitzen's longing glance at the pack dens. The pregnant female among the bunch, who seemed completely devastated and withdrawn, Khalessi had noticed her as well. "I thought she might be yours when I didn't spot a mate beside her" Khalessi offered a warm consoling smile to her former alpha and nodded in wait for his message.
Back to top Go down
Buck
Admin
Buck

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 6:29 am

Blitz couldn't help but smile as Khalessi stubbornly spoke of Inferno. Yes, he could think of no better place for the stubborn and difficult former beta and his close friend. "Let him know I'm sorry for what happened between us. He was one of my closest friends and I miss him. But don't you let him push you around." He teased, smiling at her and laughing softly. He knew Inferno would try, but he also knew that Khal was even more stubborn and tough than he was, and would be able to handle Inferno better than he ever had a hope to.

Then she brought up Rayne, erasing the laugh from his eyes and the smile off his face. He was silent for a moment as she smiled consolingly at him, making him sigh softly before speaking. "I'm only allowed to speak to pack leaders, and there is only a little time left before the pack splits up that I can talk to her, since she is alpha female. Could you bring her here, so I can speak to her one last time?" He asked, trying to fight back the pleading tone in his voice. If anything hurt him the most about all of this was that he felt like he was abandoning Rayne. And he never got to see his pups born. He had left her all alone, and he needed her to know that he'd never leave her side, whether she could see him or not. "Please, Khal. I have to tell her I'm sorry. I need to see her one last time." He said softly, looking down at his paws and pinning his ears back sadly. He needed her to know that he was watching over her always. "Her brother, Sibirskiy, could come along as well. We intend for him to lead the Zakruta pack in the plains with Rayne alongside him." He added, realizing it was a chance for him to speak with Sib as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) EmptyThu Jun 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Khalessi listened to the sorrow in her leaders voice and cringed slightly. She would have gave anything to be able to take his pain away, even if it meant sacrificing herself. She had heard that pain and regret was what bound a spirit to the standstill between this life and the next, and although it kept them closer to the living there was always a great chance they would be unhappy with their current situation. She wasn't sure if this was entirely true, if Blitzen wasn't able to move on or had and was just able to return when called. Either way he didn't deserve to be so sad.

The female presented an elegant and sophisticated bow of respect to him "As you wish" she whispered softly in dismissal before standing to full height once more and offering one of her rare smiles. What she had been holding back this whole time was threatening her once more and she knew she couldn't face saying goodbye to him. In her thoughts she made it a mission to see him again, but for now she would end their meeting with a hint of promise. "Until next time my dear friend"

With that the tears finally came and Khalessi turned to walk off in the direction of the graveyard. There she was almost certain she would find Rayne, the first on her agenda that she had the least amount of time to complete. Blitzen did hint that there wasn't much time left, but not to exactly when the split would take place. As she thought about this she realized that it could well happen at the end of his burial and if that was the case then she had to get a move on and reach the pack that already had a head start on her. At least Blitzen's body would slow them down and hopefully she could reach Rayne before the ceremony. Resisting the urge to look back Khalessi shook her head to rid herself of her watery eyes then laughed softly. "Khalessi....you do not take death well" she teased herself before exiting the meadow.

(Exit Khalessi)

((Khalessi continued here: https://incendio.rpg-board.net/t150p15-goodbye-blitzen-continued-from-pack-split-thread#2567 ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)   To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!) Empty

Back to top Go down

To Each His Own (Spirit sighting!)
Page 1 of 1